Five things I’m LOVING right now

Talk about lazy blogging….

1. Turmeric.  (I am so sorry to a few of my friends who are probably getting sick of hearing me talk about turmeric.)  It’s an acquired taste because it is very strong but has so many health benefits—I’ve been putting it in everything I eat!  If you’re interested, go here for a nice simple list of health benefits, some of which include cancer prevention, liver detoxification, fat metabolism and the list goes on!

2. My new workout video (yes, as in VHS because $5 is a lot less that $18) with Janis Saffell.  It has a very embarassing name…so embarassing in fact that I covered it with duct tape.  I suppose I have to tell you here in case you want to check it out!  It’s called Brand New Butt.  Yah, yah laugh all you want but my butt is going to fit into my pre-preg jeans….correctly.

3.  Our sweet baby, Gloria!  She’s clapping her hands, and pulling up on everything and thinking about crawling.  She is such a source of joy for all of us!  (Just to clarify—I always love her, not just “right now”….and I love ALL of my children…also, not JUST “right now”.)  We are just really ENJOYING her!

4. The relationship with my neighbor.  She is a young mom of two and we have really gotten close over the last year.  She and her sister are now coming over once in a while to study the bible with me which is really more of a blessing for me than them, I’m sure.

5. FLY LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my….what an answer to prayer!  This is a website devoted to helping women get their homes in order and so much more.  It may be common sense to some people but not me and OH, what a blessing it’s been to have help putting together a daily, weekly and monthly schedule for myself as far as housework goes.  It was recommended to me by three different friends….just wondering why I hadn’t heard about it sooner!

Anybody else really into something lately?  A new recipe to try, new book to read or new workout plan?

• Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

7 Responses to “Five things I’m LOVING right now”

1. Bryce says:

All I know about turmeric is that it turns rice yellow. I don’t even know what it tastes like! What DOES it taste like?

I got a workout video for Amy, and we have both tried it, and it is way too hard! Its the Dancing with the Stars workout video. Someday, with the blinds closed, we’ll bust it out again…

I heard about fly lady like 5+ years ago but never looked into it. I think I should now. Keeping up with chores is so difficult!

2. Erin says:

Bryce–you crack me up!!!
    So turmeric is an ingredient in curry–therefore it always makes me think of curry a little. Plus, a lot of times I also add cumin–then it REALLY reminds me of curry.
    So, this workout was too hard, huh? I might need to try that! At this point in life, when I have the time to workout, I want to get the hardest workout possible….I want to feel like I’m going to collapse at the end of it so I can feel it until my next workout :) Maybe we can all try it in December!!!! Blinds closed is a must!

3. Shay says:

Okay, I just shined my sink (thanks to the fly lady website, which I had never heard of before either so thanks!) Not sure if or when I’ll get any farther than that but it sure feels good to have a clean sink! Now, doing it every night might be a different story…but it’s worth a shot!

4. Jaime says:

Currently, I am all about the books Real Food: What to Eat and Why and the Vaccine Safety Manual by Neil Z. Miller. Both are real eye-openers. I have also been stir-frying most of my veggies and adding Herbes de Provence to them with a tiny bit of olive oil and salt. Yum! I’m getting rid of stuff that I haven’t used for a year right now, too. It feels good to have a lighter load to move back to the states with.

5. Erin says:

Shay–I’ve forced myself to stay up a few minutes later every night and I’m so happy in the morning! Although right now, it is definitely not shiney and that may be the reason I can’t seem to pull myself away from the computer :)
    Jaime–I haven’t read either one of those books but have heard of them. I’ll have to check it out. What is Herbes de Provence? I’ve been meaning to write you guys since we heard your news. I’ll do that elsewhere but I’m praying for you guys during this crazy transition!

6. Jaime says:

Herbes de Provence is a mixture of herbs including thyme, basil, savory, fennel and lavender. Tasty! Definitely check out both books. As far as vaccine information, that book is hands down the best one ever. The guy is a researcher (he’s been at it for years) and his information is all from documented sources such as historical medical ledgers, current scientific studies, vaccine testing, etc. You will be amazed at the rocky beginning vaccinations had starting with smallpox. I had no idea. He talks in depth about each vaccination available today (except for swine flu, of course, because it’s from this year), what is in it, history of adverse reactions, clinical trial outcomes, benefits, risk, etc. I believe it’s a must-read to make a real informed choice on vaccinations. Thanks for your prayers! We’re excited and nervous about the next chapter in life.

7. Sarah Stehno says:

Erin I love your blog! That is fascinating about turmeric… will have to pass that link on to my mom.